Monday, April 7, 2014

Free Equivalent Fractions Dominoes


Today I am sharing a game that has become a big favorite in our classroom – Equivalent Fraction Dominoes!


My students are actually picking this game during Fun Friday – not just math time!
The object of the game is to match up equivalent fractions, but I feel the most beneficial part has been them talking about what pieces work.  For example, if the piece is 4/10, they might say, “I need 2/5 or 8/20”.  They really help each other out, and in the process cement their learning!










Before you go, make sure to enter our current giveaway if you haven't already!

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea. My kids aren't ready for fractions, but I think I could make my own set of dominoes for addition and subtraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative way to work on fractions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used this with my fifth graders. They all benefited from it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...